A data breach can be a serious and costly event
The top reason your company needs data security support.
Let’s face it; one of the greatest fears of any business owner is a sudden breach of data by harmful cyber criminals. This catastrophic event can really put a damper on any company and could end up costing millions if the data that has been stolen leads to identity theft. But fear not because there are managed services that can help you prevent such a destructive loss of data, and keep your company safe from lawsuits.
The top 5 reasons most companies get hacked
1. A negligent worker can easily cause a massive data breach. Often times, these negligent workers fail to log out of their computer when going to lunch and some even fail to log out after their shift is over. Depending on the workers security clearance, leaving an open computer to anyone who just happens to pass by can be a serious issue. It only takes a few minutes for someone to download thousands of files and no one would know until it’s too late.
2. Failure to change passwords on frequent basis is another great way to get hacked. If workers are using the same password for all of their accounts and rarely changes them, it’s a safe bet that the chance of getting breached is high.
3. Workers often browse the internet on their lunch break or downtime. While this action may seem harmless sometimes workers visit sites that are less than secure. This is a great way to put your entire system at risk in a matter of seconds. These actions could really get your company in hot water if personal information is stolen.
4. Almost all employees in the company have an email account and with the ever increasing amounts of spam that we are faced with, may lead to a data breach. All it takes is one careless worker to open a spam email containing a virus which may lead to the loss of important information.
5. In today’s world, we all have our smart phones and tablets with us all the time. This makes it easier to stay connected and get the latest news. Many companies even provide workers with these devices to make them more mobile. But often times, workers store sensitive data on these devices and hackers just love it. Cell phones are one of the easiest devices to breach so identity thieves often target them and with great success.
Why not hire a professional IT company to help keep your data safe?
Hiring a professional computer service company to keep your data safe is a wise choice. These specially trained individuals can monitor your systems 24 hours a day 7 days a week and will spot any data breach within seconds. There is nothing better than having a watchful eye always making sure that your data is safe and secure. So if you are running a busy company, why not do something to protect you and your customers from identity theft due to a data breach? Contact a professional IT company today and find out what options are available for your company.